July 17th, Amsterdam
One week course, €480 per person.
This course is tailored for educators who wish to expand their knowledge and enhance their abilities using information and communication technology (ICT) tools in their teaching.
The course provides valuable insight and inspiration to educators who seek to incorporate web-based solutions in their classrooms to foster collaborative work, boost student learning, and encourage creativity across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Throughout the program, participants will engage in hands-on activities that explore the following areas:
- Implementing models that facilitate the effective use of ICT in the classroom
- Creating and managing learning materials using a diverse range of tools, websites, and search engines
- Integrating technology into lesson plans for effective and efficient instruction
Upon completing this course, participants will gain confidence in integrating ICT tools into their teaching routines, which will motivate and inspire students, resulting in higher engagement and greater enthusiasm for the learning process.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Select appropriate online tools for a variety of educational activities
- Optimize learning processes
- Engage students through state-of-the-art technologies
- Understand AI (artificial intelligence) and its current reach
- Create and guide the creation of videos and podcast for educational purposes
- Promote collaboration and dialogue among students using online community tools
- Day 1 – Course introduction; Icebreaker activities; Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations; Presentations of the participants’ schools; Definitions.
- Day 2 – Collaborative tools. Building a virtual classroom environment; Promoting student collaboration; Communicating with students and sharing educational content.
- Day 3 – Quizzes and game-based learning. Learning with fun and effective tools such as quizzes; Integrating quizzes into lesson plans to support student learning; Building lessons and activities based on game-based learning.
- Day 4 – Video lessons. Selecting and using video programs; Creating effective video lessons; Incorporating videos into classroom instruction or as homework in a flipped lesson.
- Day 5 – ICT Solutions for creativity and inclusion. Facilitating inclusion and promoting diverse types of creativity; Planning lessons that incorporate ICT tools to boost creativity, collaboration, and learning.
- Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities. Course evaluation: review of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion; Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance; External cultural activities and excursion.